Cross-country skiing trail: Sjåmoen
Just 15 minutes from Mosjøen, the 5 km Sjåmoen illuminated ski trail offers beautiful mountain views and preperad tracks suitable for all skill levels. There’s also a longer 16 km trail, without lights, for those who would like to venture further into the mountain.
Length: 5 km illuminated trails
Longer trail: 16 km without lights
Check trail conditions: Løyper.net
Find the starting point in Google Maps
Sjåmoen offers 21 kilometers of ski tracks, with 5 kilometers illuminated for night skiing. The illuminated tracks form several looped sections that are located close to the parking area.
For a longer ski trip, continue inwards towards the mountains to Kalvmoneset. Along the way you can enjoy the wonderful view of mountains such as Lukttinden and Brurskanken. Along the way, we recommend bringing hot chocolate, and perhaps making a cozy bonfire and make hot dogs (don’t forget to bring firewood and supplies).
The trails are well-groomed and suitable for skiers of all ages and abilities
Thank you for respecting the local communities, and for helping us preserve the natural beauty of Helgeland!
- Strive to leave no trace of your visit. Bring back all your rubbish, including used toilet paper, and discard it in the nearest rubbish bin.
- Plan your toilet visits and use the opportunity when you pass a toilet. In the wilderness, make sure you are not a nuisance to others.
- Respect the local wildlife. Keep a good distance from wildlife, livestock and birds. Keep your dog leashed.
- Respect private property. Keep a respectful distance from houses and cabins.
- Show good boating sense. Keep a good distance from shore and drive at a low speed, especially when you are close to anyone or anything on the water, including birds or animals. Avoid loud and disturbing engine noise.
- Be aware that some islands and nature reserves are important nesting sites, and that going ashore is prohibited during the nesting season.
- Follow the Norwegian Mountain Code (Fjellvettreglene). Plan your excursion according to the weather forecast, your skills and experience.
- Join a guided excursion or consider hiring an experienced guide, especially when you don’t have sufficient experience or knowledge to guarantee a safe trip.