Cross-country skiing trail: Kjærstad
Just ten minutes outside Mosjøen, you can enjoy cross-country skiing in beautiful terrain and lit ski tracks, and if you’re particularly lucky, you might even encounter alpacas wandering on the trail.
Length: 5 kilometers
Check trail conditions: Løyper.net
Kjærstad has a total of 5 km of lit ski tracks, offering the possibility for longer trips in varied terrain. There are two lit tracks: one is a 3 km trail in easy and pleasant terrain, and the other is a 2 km trail in a more hilly landscape.
During the daytime, it’s also nice to take a longer trip to the shelter in Almen for some campfire enjoyment. This trip is a total of 7 km back and forth from the clubhouse.
Thank you for respecting the local communities, and for helping us preserve the natural beauty of Helgeland!
- Strive to leave no trace of your visit. Bring back all your rubbish, including used toilet paper, and discard it in the nearest rubbish bin.
- Plan your toilet visits and use the opportunity when you pass a toilet. In the wilderness, make sure you are not a nuisance to others.
- Respect the local wildlife. Keep a good distance from wildlife, livestock and birds. Keep your dog leashed.
- Respect private property. Keep a respectful distance from houses and cabins.
- Show good boating sense. Keep a good distance from shore and drive at a low speed, especially when you are close to anyone or anything on the water, including birds or animals. Avoid loud and disturbing engine noise. Be aware that some islands and nature reserves are important nesting sites, and that going ashore is prohibited during the nesting season.
- Follow the Norwegian Mountain Code (Fjellvettreglene). Plan your excursion according to the weather forecast, your skills and experience.
- Join a guided excursion or consider hiring an experienced guide, especially when you don’t have sufficient experience or knowledge to guarantee a safe trip.