Cross-country skiing trail: Klokkaråsen ski facility
Located just a short drive from Brønnøysund, Klokkaråsen offers a four-kilometer lit track, with groomed trails suitable for both classic and skating styles. The route winds through varied terrain with moderately steep slopes. You’ll also find a nice, family-friendly ski lift here, along with a cozy café run by the local sports club.
Length: 4 km
Check trail conditions: Løyper.net
Klokkaråsen ski facility is located about a half-hour drive from Brønnøysund. The lit trails meander through a beautiful winter landscape, alternating between forests and open hills with scenic viewpoints. The slopes are moderately steep, providing a good challenge for those training or just enough thrill for children feeling the wind on their faces during a family outing. When the ski lift is open, you can even cheat a bit and take the lift to the top; it makes the kids more eager for another round.
There’s a shelter along the trail, and an open grill for free use at the starting area, near the ski lift. And when the café run by the local sports club is open, you can enjoy coffee and juice, waffles, and hot-dogs.
Thank you for respecting the local communities, and for helping us preserve the natural beauty of Helgeland!
- Strive to leave no trace of your visit. Bring back all your rubbish, including used toilet paper, and discard it in the nearest rubbish bin.
- Plan your toilet visits and use the opportunity when you pass a toilet. In the wilderness, make sure you are not a nuisance to others.
- Respect the local wildlife. Keep a good distance from wildlife, livestock and birds. Keep your dog leashed.
- Respect private property. Keep a respectful distance from houses and cabins.
- Show good boating sense. Keep a good distance from shore and drive at a low speed, especially when you are close to anyone or anything on the water, including birds or animals. Avoid loud and disturbing engine noise. Be aware that some islands and nature reserves are important nesting sites, and that going ashore is prohibited during the nesting season.
- Follow the Norwegian Mountain Code (Fjellvettreglene). Plan your excursion according to the weather forecast, your skills and experience.
- Join a guided excursion or consider hiring an experienced guide, especially when you don’t have sufficient experience or knowledge to guarantee a safe trip.