Cross-country skiing trail: Kvervet
Kvervet skianlegg is located outside Berg in Sømna. Here awaits a 3.7-kilometer-long illuminated trail in beautiful, but hilly woodland terrain, winding its way into a lovely little basin surrounded by magnificent mountains.
The trail goes through hilly woodland terrain, offering beautiful viewpoints along the way. The numerous small uphill and downhill sections provide a nice variation to the trip, while never being far from the next downhill stretch. This is especially valuable if you are hiking with children. There are shelters (“gapahuker”) along the trail, as well as a heated ski cabin at the starting area.
Thank you for respecting the local communities, and for helping us preserve the natural beauty of Helgeland!
- Strive to leave no trace of your visit. Bring back all your rubbish, including used toilet paper, and discard it in the nearest rubbish bin.
- Plan your toilet visits and use the opportunity when you pass a toilet. In the wilderness, make sure you are not a nuisance to others.
- Respect the local wildlife. Keep a good distance from wildlife, livestock and birds. Keep your dog leashed.
- Respect private property. Keep a respectful distance from houses and cabins.
- Show good boating sense. Keep a good distance from shore and drive at a low speed, especially when you are close to anyone or anything on the water, including birds or animals. Avoid loud and disturbing engine noise. Be aware that some islands and nature reserves are important nesting sites, and that going ashore is prohibited during the nesting season.
- Follow the Norwegian Mountain Code (Fjellvettreglene). Plan your excursion according to the weather forecast, your skills and experience.
- Join a guided excursion or consider hiring an experienced guide, especially when you don’t have sufficient experience or knowledge to guarantee a safe trip.