This is the only church north of Trondheim with an apse (semicircular recess, normally linked to the placement of the altar). In the choir six consecration crosses are visible on the wall. The altarpiece and pulpit date from 1760. The church has undergone several changes, most recently in the 1960s, when extensive changes were made and the church was largely returned it to its medieval origins. The Herøy Church and churches at Alstahaug and Dønnes comprise the so-called triangle churches which have several characteristics in common. Location: approx. 1 km from Flostad in Herøy.