- Take the ferry from Sandnessjøen to Dønna.
- Launch your kayak by the ferry quay in Bjørn.
- Head north towards Løkta, a lush island with great beaches well worth visiting.
- Continue charting a northward course, veering eastward at Rølvåg.
- Northwest of Dønna are the islands of Vandve, Slapøy and Havstein, as well as many smaller islands.
- From Vandve you can take the express boat to Solfjellsjøen and Dønna.
- If you wish to extend your journey, continue south to Seløy, before turning west back towards Bjørn.
Tips: Accommodation in historic surroundings is available at Dønnes Gård. This farm was awarded St. Olav’s Rose (Olavsrosa) for its work to preserve the local heritage.